The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) is looking forward to a full and productive year in 2020, thanks to the generosity of supporters like you. Each New Year provides the opportunity to reflect on the past and set intentions for the future.
20/20 is the measure of clear vision. We approach the coming year with focus, clarity, and imagination. Our long-term vision is a world without dystonia. Every action the DMRF takes brings us closer to that day.
Here are a few highlights you can look forward to in 2020:
- Funding critical research grant and fellowship awards, representing outstanding new studies by leaders in the field and brilliant young scientists.
- Leading a global effort to address the most urgent research priorities and plot next directions at the Samuel Belzberg 6th International Dystonia Symposium, June 4-6, in Dublin, Ireland. Hundreds of experts from around the world will attend.
- Addressing the need for additional movement disorder specialists by training young physicians through our Clinical Fellowship Program.
- Offering the latest information on dystonia from leading experts at nine educational meetings across the country, beginning with Orlando on January 11. Additional dates and locations to be announced soon.
- Providing you with opportunities to get involved in community events such as 12 family-friendly Dystonia Zoo Walks plus additional awareness events. Stay tuned for dates.
- Supporting you and your family with 100+ support group meetings in local communities.
- Keeping you up-to-date with three issues of the Dystonia Dialogue newsletter, which has a circulation of 50,000+.
- Educational webinars on Sleep & Movement Disorders on January 14 and Dystonia & Genetic Counseling on February 27.
- Plus much more.
What does a future without dystonia look like? We won’t stop until we find out.
If you are not already a DMRF member, please join the DMRF today to subscribe to the Dystonia Dialogue and enjoy additional membership benefits.
What’s your 2020 vision for dystonia? Send us your feedback.
The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to advancing research for improved dystonia treatments and ultimately a cure, promoting awareness, and supporting the well-being of affected individuals and families.